About the AdWords Certification Test
Getting certified requires you to take not one, but two exams. You won’t be fully certified until you pass the AdWords Fundamentals exam, and one of the additional exams, which include Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Video Advertising, Shopping Advertising or Mobile Advertising (which is currently only available in the U.S.).
Cost: Nowadays the exam is completely FREE!
Time: For the AdWords Fundamentals, Search Advertising, and Display Advertising exams you have 120 minutes to answer roughly 100 questions for each. For the Video Advertising, Shopping Advertising, and Mobile Advertising you have 90 minutes to answer roughly 70 questions.
*NOTE that there’s no option to pause once you’ve started the exam. The test will time you until the end even if you shut your computer down so make sure you mark off the time to focus on passing.
Passing Score: The lowest score to pass is 80%.
Retake Period: Google allows you to re-take the exam after 7 days if you fail.
How Do I Sign Up?
Step 1: Sign in to Google Partners
If you’re not already signed up for Google Partners, make sure to do so.
Step 2: Create your Skillshop account
Visit Skillshop and create your account by using your gmail account.
Step 3: Connect Skillshop with Google Ads
- Go to your skillshop account.
- Click on your profile pic in the top right corner.
- Then click My Profile.
- Under your profile picture, click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the section “Associate one or more of your Google Ads or YouTube accounts to your Skillshop profile”.
- Click Connect to Ads Account.
- Read through the Data Sharing Agreement. Click Accept and continue.