How to migrate IMAP mailboxes to Microsoft 365 or Office 365
Step 1: Create Office 365 users
- Go to the admin center at https://admin.microsoft.com.
- Go to Users > Active users, and select Add a user.
- Add a license to the user and make sure he has Exchange Online.
Step 2: Connect Microsoft 365 or Office 365 to your email system
- Go to Office365.com and sign in with Admin credentials.
- Now, navigate to Setup in the menu and select Data Migration.
- On clicking Data Migration, the “Select your data service” dashboard will appear on the screen.
- Select other email sources.
- Now, fill the IMAP connection data with appropriate details to test the connection. You can use any IMAP account for this (even if you have 10 emails, just select one of them to make the connection).
- Once the connection is established, it will display all the user mailboxes for the provided email address.
- Select the desired emails along with email and password and click Start migrate.
Step 3: Add zones in your host
Step 4: Email routing
Make sure that you use Remote Mail exchanger in your host email routing.