How to fix E-Mail problems in WordPress and WooCommerce
Are your WooCommerce customers having problems receiving their email? They may be not getting the emails at all. Or you may be getting the emails with a small delay. You can fix this problem by using an SMTP server for sending your emails instead. This can be done via a transactional email sending service like SendGrid, Mandrill or MailGun. Transactional API based services are generally better for large stores to ensure enhanced deliverability. Let’s get started:
- Create your SendGrid account. You can use SendGrid for free for up-to 12.000 emails per month. This will suit most eshops.
- After you have created and confirmed your SendGrid account, log in.
- Go to Settings > API Keys and press Create API Key > General API Key.
- Name your key and give tick the full access radio buttons everywhere.
- Copy your API key, we will need it later to make the connection with WordPress.
- Now, go to your WordPress backend and install and activate the Postman SMTP Mailer/Email Log plugin.
- Go to Settings > Postman SMTP.
- Press the Manually Configure link.
- In the Account tab, select the SendGrid API and paste the key from step 5.
- Press the Message tab and fill in the emal and name fields.
- Press Save Changes and you are go to go! From now on your WooCommerce and WordPress will use SendGrid to send emails, so sit back and enoy!